The IPGSM-4G is a 4G fire alarm communicator that offers contact ID reporting with any Fire Alarm Control Panel (FACP) that has a built-in dialer. This easy to install, dual path communicator connects directly to the primary and secondary communication ports of a Fire panel's Digital Alarm Communicator Transmitter (DACT). It offers three selectable reporting paths which include: (Cellular only), (IP only), or (IP primary/cellular backup). In the event of an off-normal condition, the fire panel sends contact ID formatted information to the IPGSM-4G communicator panel. The IPGSM-4G then reformats the data into highly encrypted Ethernet packets for transmission to the Alarm-Net receiver via customer-provided Internet/Intranet connection or the GSM network. Alternative communication methods are critical in the marketplace due to VoIP (Voice over IP), migration from POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) and growth of digital radio networks. The IPGSM-4G's exclusive dual-path communications solution combines Internet service with GSM for added reliability and an extra level of security. All signals from the IPGSM-4G communicator panel are delivered to Honeywell's AlarmNet Network Control Center, which routes the information to the appropriate central station. The state of the art AlarmNet network control center is fully redundant and monitored 24/7. AlarmNet has the ability to route messages using AlarmNet-i and 800 PLUS services, providing true redundancy and multipath message delivery. The IPGSM-4G is designed to operate over the most common GSM networks including 2G,3G and 4G. Its multi-GSM platform technology automatically chooses the best available cellular signal in the area based on signal strength and seamlessly self-adjusts to maintain critical life safety communication.
Saves the cost of two dedicated phone lines.
• Dual path communications. Can communicate to central station using Internet or cellular technology.
• Requires no change to the existing Fire Alarm Control Panel configuration. The IPGSM-4G connects directly to the primary and secondary telephone ports.
• Multi-GSM platform compatibility for 2G, 3G and 4G.
• Operates over the following communication protocols: HSPA+ (4G) HSPA (HSDPA & HSUPA) (3G) EDGE (2G) GPRS (2G).
• Works over any type of customer provided Ethernet 10/100
• Base network connection (LAN or WAN), DSL modem or cable modem.
• Data transmits over standard contact-ID protocol but is secured with the industry's advanced encryption standard (AES 256 bit).
• Supports both dynamic (DHCP) or Public and Private Static IP addressing.
• Built-In Power Supply module: On board charging circuit design accommodates back-up battery. Includes primary power and battery supervision.
• Diagnostic LEDs: Signal strength and status indicators
UL listed 4G Communicator
- Product Code: FIRE-LITE:IPGSM-4G