The GEM-SMK is a high-quality photoelectric smoke detector with built-in supervised digitally-coded radio transmitter. It is compatible with Napco's GEM-RECV Series supervised security receivers that monitor alarms, restores, low battery and status.
The GEM-SMK sounds a local alarm as soon as smoke is detected and the transmitter will send an alarm signal to the supervised receiver. The alarm signal will be repeated every 10 seconds thereafter as long as smoke is still present. A restore report will be sent when the smoke-detection chamber clears. Supervisory status reports are sent from the GEM-SMK every hour.
Coding switches are not required or used in the GEMSMK. Each transmitter is assigned a unique identification code number at the factory.
The smoke detector and transmitter are powered by two 9-volt alkaline batteries (supplied) which can power the unit for up to two years. If the battery voltage drops below normal, a low-battery report will be sent to the receiver with any status or alarm transmission. If a low-battery condition is indicated, replace both batteries.
- Long 5-year battery life, typ. (batteries included)
- Compact 5.2 inch diameter; attractive decorator white
- Built-in silence feature and test button
- Visual LED indicates alarm & standby
- Audible/visual indicator for low battery and need for detector cleaning
- Proven Gemini wireless crystal-controlled transmitter
Wireless Photoelectric Smoke Detector - GEM-SMK
- Product Code: GEM-SMK