The Onkyo TX-8020 Stereo Receiver features a full discrete amp configuration that provides 50W per channel. It supports Onkyo's WRAT (Wide Range Amp Technology) to ensure natural audio fidelity across a wide frequency range. The receiver also uses a massive EI transformer to drive the speakers accurately at all times - even under heavy loads. For connectivity, the TX-8020 features five analog audio inputs. There's a phono input, an analog audio output and a headphone jack as well. The receiver's other features include an FM/AM tuner with 40 station presets and a single-cable RI system that enables limited control of an RI-ready component.
- Power Output up to 50W per Channel
- WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
- Discrete Amp Output Stage Circuitry
- High-Current, Low-Impedance Drive
- WRAT (Wide Range Amp Technology)
- Onkyo's WRAT (Wide Range Amp Technology) preserves natural audio fidelity across a very wide frequency range. It includes low-negative-feedback amp topology for clear, true-to-life sound; closed ground-loop circuits to reduce distortion; and high instantaneous-current capability to counter impedance fluctuations from the speakers and sudden dynamic gains in music and movie soundtracks.
- Discrete Amplifier Design with Quality Parts
- Unlike amplifiers based on integrated circuit (IC) boards, Onkyo's discrete amplifiers incorporate hand-selected audio-grade parts into their design. The TX-8020 has fully discrete output stage circuitry with heavy-duty transistors to control running temperatures, lower distortion and increase the life of the product.
- High-Current, Low-Impedance Drive
- Although your loudspeakers may be rated at 4, 6, or 8 ohms, regular operation will see that resistance spike and plunge for short periods of time. This can place up to 10 times the usual load on your amplifier, and if it can't meet demand, sound quality will suffer audibly. Onkyo's high-current, low-impedance design uses a massive EI transformer to drive your speakers accurately at all times, even under heavy loads.
- Independent Bass, Treble & Balance Controls
- Bass, treble and balance controls are very useful for optimizing the tonal characteristics of your source material (particularly when the recording is less than perfect), as well as allowing you to correct for the acoustics of your listening space and the frequency response of your speakers. These carefully designed circuits let you fine-tune the sound to your own taste, with zero loss in perceived audio quality.
- Wide Selection of Audio Inputs
- For many people, the TX-8020 will serve as the heart of a central home entertainment system. To best equip it for this role, Onkyo has included five analog audio inputs to connect your TV, CD player, an AirPlay dock for iPod/iPhone/iPad (such as the DS-A5) and even your personal computer. There's also a moving-magnet phono stage for your choice of turntable, so you can enjoy your vinyl collection.
- FM/AM Tuner with 40 Memory Presets
- The TX-8020 includes an FM/AM tuner complete with RDS station information in areas that support these broadcasts. The good news is that changing channels is no longer a painful ordeal. You just have to scan once and save up to 40 stations into the preset memory, with 8-character naming capability for each.
- High-Quality A/B Speaker Terminals
- The TX-8020 features two sets of banana-plug-compatible speaker terminals to enable the connection of speaker pair A and speaker pair B in a multi-room audio setup. The receiver is designed to drive either a single pair of speakers rated at 4-16 ohms or two pairs of 8-16 ohms speakers, allowing you to enjoy the same audio source in two rooms at once.
- Remote Interactive Makes System Control Easy
- A single-cable RI system enables limited control of an RI-ready component--such as an Onkyo CD player or the optional DS-A5 dock--using the TX-8020 remote. This makes the process of cueing up music and video easier. Connect the DS-A5 and the receiver will automatically power up, select the appropriate input and commence playback as soon as you touch the AirPlay icon on your mobile device or iTunes-equipped computer.
- Supports 50W per channel (stereo at 8 ohms, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, FTC)
- Dynamic power at 4 ohms is 160W per channel
- Discrete output stage
- 6 and 4 ohms capable
- iPod and Airplay ready with optional DS-A5
- Direct access tuning
- Automatic / manual tuning
- Subwoofer pre-out
- Front panel headphone jack
- Sleep timer
- Includes full-sized and full-function RI remote control
Bluetooth Stereo Receiver - TX-8220
- Product Code: TX-8220